Friday, June 4, 2010

Chipola’s Ellington Signs Letter of Intent

Starting shooting guard for the 2009-10 Chipola College Men’s Basketball team, Dexter Ellington, has decided where he will continue his collegiate journey after signing a National Letter of Intent on Thursday.
 Ellington, a 6’1 sophomore from Culthbert, GA, will now take his skills both in the classroom and on the court to Texas Southern University in Houston, TX.  Ellington, who transferred to Chipola after playing his freshman year at Trinity Valley Community College in Texas, was instrumental in leading the Indians to a 19-9 record overall under first year head coach Jake Headrick.  
“After thinking about my future, I believe Texas Southern will be a great fit for me,” said Ellington.  “I am very grateful for my one year at Chipola and I am very appreciative of the work my coaches did with developing my game.  I can’t wait to continue to improve at Texas Southern”

No comments: