Sunday, February 24, 2008

WHAT A NIGHT!

I just wanted to send along my congratulations for the special night Chipola created for Coach Johnson at the OWC-Chipola game. In my 40 years of involvement in athletics, I cannot recall a more special night. The amount of former players who returned to honor Coach was compelling in the amount of love and influence he had in their lives. When I first recruited at Chipola in the ‘70’s, I heard and later found how special he was, and over the years, I have always referred to him as the John Wooten of JUCO basketball. He was and still remains a gentleman and I just wanted to let you know how honored I was to attend this special tribute to Milt Johnson. Chipola College is Milton Johnson and Milton Johnson is Chipola College. Once again, thank you for honoring him and I hope future Chipola administrations continue his legacy.



Mickey Englett
Dean of Student Services/Director of Athletics
FCCAA Women’s Commissioner for Athletics
NJCAA Region VIII Director-Women

No comments: