Thursday, March 18, 2010

2009 State Volleyball Coach of the Year for Florida

Sheila Roberts, head volleyball coach at Sneads High School, has been named the 2009 State Volleyball Coach of the Year for Florida. This award was presented by the National Federation of High School Coaches Association and the Florida High School Athletic Association. Sheila has been teaching for 19 years in Florida and coaching volleyball for 13 years. She has been the head coach at Sneads for the past 6 seasons. During that time, her teams have either finished first or second in district play with three District Championship titles. In 2008, Coach Roberts’ team made history by being the first Sneads volleyball team to make it to the Regional Final. In 2009, the Lady Pirates finished their second consecutive season at the Regional Final match. Five of Coach Roberts’ seniors have signed to play college volleyball.


Coach Roberts states, “I have always been a very competitive person. When I began my coaching career, I knew I had a disadvantage because I did not play college ball. This motivated me to be a student of the game. I believe that successful coaches never stop learning and growing. As far as my coaching goes, each season should be better than the last. I have high expectations for myself, and my athletes. At Sneads, I have been blessed with some of the most talented and hard working athletes in the state of Florida! As I have watched their determination, dedication, and commitment, they have inspired me to be the best I can be for them.”

No comments: