Thursday, October 29, 2009

Marianna High Students Are Recognized for Learning Gains

Four hundred and sixty five 9th, 10th and 11th grade students took part in a Learning Gains Celebration on Thursday, October 22, 2009. These students qualified to take part in the celebration by demonstrating academic growth in reading or math as measured by the Spring 2009 FCAT.

“We appreciate all of the hard work on the part of all of our students, faculty and staff. These students being honored have put in the hard work necessary to do well on FCAT and I think that this celebration will encourage their continued efforts. We look for all of our students to show learning gains this spring,” said MHS principal, Mary Sue Neves.

The students were treated to ice-cream and were entered into a drawing for a 22” plasma television. Haden Searcy, a tenth grader and the winner of the television, said “I had a gut feeling that I was going to win. When I heard my name I smiled from ear to ear.”

No comments: